- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 12-03-2014
These rum balls are raw, gluten-free and Paleo friendly. You can replace the Rum with rum essence if you desire, however in my view, a rum ball without rum is not a rum ball.
As you can see, just because something is gluten-free doesn't mean it's low in carbs, so don't eat too many!
VITALIGN PALEO RUM BALLS
- soak the figs overnight in water or if in a hurry 15 mins in boiling water to soften them prior to putting in the food processor. Remember to cut off the hard stalks.
Ingredients: (makes 10-15)
1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
1 cup dried figs (presoaked and strained)
1/3 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp rum (OR 2 tsp rum essence)
2 tsp of lemon juice or rice vinegar
pinch of pink murray river salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
Shredded or dessicated coconut for dusting
1. Place the almonds into a food processor and process until they are finely crumbled (just a bit less fine than almond flour).
2. Add in all remaining ingredients and process until everything is combined and the mixture begins to form into a ball.
3. Take small bits of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands.
4. Toss in coconut
5. You are now eating rum balls Vitalign style
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.